Meet The Newest Member of the Family!
We are very pleased to announce that we have added a Blackmagic Production Camera (EF mount) to our inventory of in-house video production equipment, allowing us to offer clients truly cinematic image quality with 4K Ultra HD resolution.
Having the 4K Production Camera in house means we can offer a full 4K workflow without the need to secure additional equipment from our rental partners, which means significant cost savings for our clients.
Future Proof Your Next Production
Since the camera has been designed specifically for high quality image acquisition, the Production Camera is the perfect choice for many of the projects we work on, including independent film, music videos, commercial and television production.
Heavy Digital was founded as a DSLR shop, and over the past few years we’ve built up quite a sizeable equipment collection, based around Canon EF lenses and DSLR form factor accessories, making the BMPC a logical choice for our studio. Since the BMPC form factor is very similar to DSLRs, pretty much all of our lenses and accessories work with this camera, meaning we’re ready to start your project running!
For the camera geeks out there, here are the technical specs of the camera
- Active Sensor Resolution
- 3840 × 2160
- Shooting Resolutions
- 3840 × 2160, 1920 × 1080
- Frame Rates
- 23.98p, 24p, 25p, 29.97p, 30p
- Effective Sensor Size
- 21.12mm x 11.88mm (Super 35)
- Dynamic Range
- 12 stops
- Lens Mount
- Integrated mono microphone
- Mounting Options
- 3 × 1/4″-20 thread mounting points on top of camera.
1 × 1/4″ thread tripod mount with locator pin.
- Integrated Lithium-ion Polymer rechargeable battery.
12V-30V DC port for external battery power or use included 12V AC adapter.
- Battery Life
- Approximately 60 minutes
- Camera Body Dimensions
- 166mm x 113mm x 126mm
- Camera Weight
- 1.7 kg / 3.75 lb
- Storage Type
- Removable 2.5” SSD
- Storage Rates
- Recording Formats
- 4K RAW, Apple ProRes (4K & 1920×1080) 10-bit YUV with choice of Film or Video Dynamic Range.
- SDI Video Output
- 1 × 6G-SDI 10-bit 4:2:2 with choice of Film or Video Dynamic Range
- Analog Audio Input
- 2 × 1/4” jacks for professional balanced analog audio, switchable between mic and line levels.
- Analog Audio Output
- 1 × 3.5mm stereo headphone output
- SDI Audio Output
- 4 channels in HD-SDI
- Remote Control
- 1 × 2.5mm LANC for Rec Start/Stop, Iris Control and Focus Control
- Computer Interface
- Thunderbolt port for capture of RAW video and audioUSB 2.0 mini B port for software updates and configuration
We hope you’re as excited about the Blackmagic Production Camera as we are. Stay tuned in the coming weeks and months for test footage and completed films as we start using it in the field, and f you’d like to talk about using this great piece of gear on your next production, contact us using the form below!